The Italian Cultural Centre in New Delhi, an official institution of the Republic of Italy, is actively involved in spreading the understanding of Italian traditions and culture in India through the organization of varied cultural events, with a view to facilitate the circulation of ideas, of the arts and sciences.
The Italian Cultural Centre in New Delhi offers to the Indian public the following services:
• Courses of Italian language and culture taught by qualified teachers
• A library is open to the Centre’s students and members where books can be consulted and borrowed.
• A Reading Room is open to students and members for consulting magazines and newspapers and for viewing CDs and DVDs available in the library.
• Information services on every aspect concerning Italian culture.
For organizing major events, concerts and some art exhibitions, the Centre collaborates with:
• Local art and cultural institutions and museums such as the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, the National Museum, the National Gallery of Modern Art, the Lalit Kala Akademi, the Directorate of Film Festivals
• Theatres such as the Siri Fort Auditorium, the Kamani Auditorium, the Ficci Auditorium, the Nandan Theatre (Kolkata), the National Centre for the Performing Arts (Mumbai), National School of Drama
• Several cultural centres of the city of Delhi such as the India Habitat Centre and the India International Centre
Among the main International events in which the Centre usually participates are the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), the Kolkata Film Festival and the Triennale of India.